Virgin Organic Coconut Oil:
Anti-inflammatory; aids weight loss; hypothyroidism – combats constant fatigue; relieves constipation – natural laxative; for dry skin, bug bites; baby skin; age spots; prevents hair loss
3 tablespoons (i.e. 1.5 tablespoons am and pm)
Add to warm tea/ milk. If it is solid, microwave for 10-15 secs.
Honey and Cinnamon
Cinnamon and honey taste great together, but mixing the two of them together is also a medicinal wonder.
CINNAMON has been shown to be very helpful in treating
- digestive disorders,
- menstrual pain, and
- joint pain
because it has a lot of cinnamaldehyde, the molecular compound that brings down swelling, and gives cinnamon its taste and smell.
HONEY is also known for
- bringing down swelling, and
- is full of nutrients like amino acids, vitamins C and B6, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, and zinc.
The reason these two foods are so great for the body is mainly because they can control swelling, fight free radicals, and boost the immune system.
Top uses for honey and cinnamon.
- Mix two tablespoons of raw honey with one tablespoon of powdered cinnamon. Put this on the hurt area, and rub it into your skin. You can also mix honey and cinnamon into a cup of warm water and drink it all the time to treat arthritis.
A honey and cinnamon mixture can help those with allergies that are not life- threatening.
Both honey and cinnamon boost the immune system and guard it from bacteria and viruses.
Honey and cinnamon also soothe pain from swelling and congestion that can come from certain allergies.
For this help, you should drink a mixture of honey, cinnamon, and warm water all the time.
3. Cardiovascular Disease
Some nursing homes in North America have tested using cinnamon and honey to help block heart disease. They agree that the mixture helps the flexibility and strength of arteries.
Eating cinnamon and honey all the time, when put together with a healthy diet and normal activity level, can stop heart disease by clearing blocked arteries.
Studies have shown that both cinnamon and honey lower blood sugar levels
Honey also lowers the level of bad LDL cholesterol and raises good HDL cholesterol.
This is great because diabetics are usually at a higher risk of cholesterol problems.
5. The Common Cold
In one study, they found that cinnamon lessens the growth of different bacteria that cause the common cold. When you mix this with honey, which boosts the immune system, it is great for stopping colds.
So, when cinnamon is mixed with raw honey, many people never get sick at all. Or, if they get sick with the common cold, they get better very quickly!
What I like to do is mix cinnamon and honey and have it on toast in the morning for breakfast.
Apple Cider Vinegar
(The best to buy is that with the sludge at the bottom of the bottle.)
- Acid Reflux –, acid reflux is actually caused by too little acid, not too much –
(1-2 teaspoons mixed with 8oz of water taken 3 times daily),
Strep Throat –simply gargle with the liquid after it has been diluted in a glass of warm water. The amount of ACV used may vary from person to person, but using 1-3 teaspoons in 8oz of water may be enough.
- Sinus Infection – to mix 8oz of warm water with 2 tbsp of ACV and 1 tbsp of honey. The sinus infection could vanish within just a few days.
- Nasal Congestion – Potassium can help decrease mucus production, and apple cider vinegar is full of it. Vinegar also contains acetic acid, which prevents bacteria growth—possibly even those that would cause nasal congestion. Try drinking several times a day, especially before bed: 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup of warm water, and 1 teaspoon of local honey.
- High Blood Pressure – People’s blood pressure has gone from 150/80 to 130/80 in just a month while taking 2 tablespoons of ACV a day. Many others have experienced the same scenario, and blood pressure medications are often chucked.
- Foot Problems – Apple cider vinegar can also solve foot fungus problems, as well as athlete’s foot and foot odour. In order to reap the benefits, leave your feet in warm water with apple cider vinegar and allow to air dry.
- Hiccups –. ACV can be a great solution for hiccups restoring the acid balance in the stomach and eases irritating spasms of the diaphragm.
- Common cold – ACV is a fantastic immune booster, protecting and strengthening your body against the common cold.
- For weight loss:
2 tablespoons 3times per day, with warm water and honey.
Do this for 21 days without a break.
Also used for:
- Bee stings
- Mosquito bites
- Disinfecting wounds
- Menstrual Cramps
· Reduces cholesterol
· Improves heart health
· Reduces blood sugar levels
· Boosts energy
Manuka honey has shown to have an anticancer effect in clinical trials. One research trial showed that honey helped to inhibit the growth of cancer cells and boost the effectiveness of conventional cancer treatment.3
Some people have side effects of consuming honey:
- People with bee-related allergies (e.g. stings) can suffer from hives, difficulty breathing, swelling of the skin, and wheezing.
- Too much honey can cause abnormal heart rhythms, diarrhea, or tingling on the skin.
- Some types of honey (from the nectar of Rhododendrons) can lower blood pressure. If you are taking hypertension medication, you should regularly check your blood pressure.
- Honey should never be given to infants under 1 year old.