The thought for the day is from Donna, who opens the Bible randomly each day for a point to reflect upon.
Monday 28th December, 2015
The Bible used is the CTS New Catholic Bible 2007.
St. James says in chapter 2:
My brethren, do not hold the faith of Our Lord Jesus Christ, The Lord of glory, with partiality. (1)…
Do not the rich oppress you and drag you into courts?
Do they not blaspheme that noble name by which you are called? (6-7)
“You believe that there is ONE GOD. You do well.
Even the DEMONS believe – and tremble!
But do you WANT to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?” (19-20)
Comment – There is a lot of food for thought here:
- Bishop Julian Porteous of Hobart, Tasmania (Australia) is being taken to court for handing out a booklet entitled “Don’t mess with Marriage” which was the result of the Aust. Bishops’ Conference outlining what the Catholic church believes about marriage.
- It was deemed to be discriminatory according to a local Tasmanian law.
- The name of “Christ” (Christian/s) by which we are called.
- There is One God –even the demons believe this. Those who are not Christian do not believe in the same god as our God. Their god is completely different to the Christian God – the one True Trinitarian God.
- Faith without good works is dead – A declaration of faith is not enough according to the Bible (as some Christians believe). Good works alone are not enough either! True faith is seen through the good works.