Tonight my 6 year old asked me to read a holy story at bedtime, after his home reader.
- The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; Upon those who dwelt in the land of gloom a light has shone.
- You have brought them abundant joy and great rejoicing, As they rejoice before you as at the harvest, as men make merry when dividing spoils.
- For the yoke that burdened them, the pole on their shoulder, And the rod of their taskmaster you have smashed, as on the day of Midian.
- For every boot that tramped in battle, every cloak rolled in blood, will be burned as fuel for flames.
- 1For a child is born to us, a son is given us; upon his shoulder dominion rests. They name him Wonder-Counselor, God-Hero, Father-Forever, Prince of Peace.
- His dominion is vast and forever peaceful, From David’s throne, and over his kingdom, which he confirms and sustains By judgment and justice, both now and forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this!
- (Taken from: New American Bible. Lantius site.
- Welcome into our hearts this Christmas,
- our saving miraculous Christ-Child.
- Save us and transform us;
- Hope of the World and “Love beyond all Telling”.
- O, Come let us adore You
- as King of our heart, mind and souls,
- -with complete abandon.
By Donna Liane