See Part 1 published 2017: https://remnantdisciplesjtm.com/2017/06/30/cardinal-george-pell-is-this-prophecy-about-him/
Cardinal Pell -Conducting an Ordination in 2011 at St. Mary’s Cathedral
Cardinal Pell’s conviction fulfils this prophecy on many levels.
- Firstly, it is plausible that he is a most esteemed bishop because he has always striven for Truth, honesty and justice and to be faithful to the Teachings of the Church.
- Secondly, it is clear that a “terrible miscarriage of justice” is highly likely to have taken place.
- Thirdly, he was demonised even before the trial through books such as “The Rise and Fall of George Pell” by Louise Milligan and a vilification campaign run by Fairfax media group in both newspapers and on free to air public TV:
- the documentary “The Bell Tolls” 2015 aired on 60minutes,
- “Loss of Faith” 2002 on same show and
- frequent Fairfax media headlines assumed guilt well before he was even on charges that actually held
Why Pell was a target:
- Read our post of 2 years ago when we first connected the dots of this prophecy (see link at top of page)
- 13 Cardinals’ letter at the synod of 2014; his dealings as Bishop in Melbourne and the Catholic Educ. office,…
- and also
“… Cardinal George Pell is the most repellant person imaginable to the so-called ‘lavender mafia’ of powerful left-wing gay bishops in Rome.
Pell is the feisty, plain-spoken son of a heavyweight boxer; he has a track record of financial prudence and he championed the cause of abuse victims long before Rome took the problem seriously.In short, he’s everything the progressive Left and the corrupt Roman curia hate.
And boy, did he make enemies when Pope Francis appointed him to reform the Vatican Bank, one of the most cataclysmically mismanaged financial institutions in the world.
Pell was brought in because he almost single-handedly rescued the Sydney and Melbourne dioceses from bankruptcy, but, as he began to unravel the multi-billion dollar corruption and venality in Rome, he was abruptly– conveniently, you might say – summoned back to Australia to defend himself against sex abuse charges.
The moment he left the Vatican, his bank reforms stalled, and the sinister forces controlling the Catholic church seized the reins again….”
- In April 2014, Pell himself acknowledged that “hundreds of millions of euros” had been discovered “tucked away” and off the city-state’s balance sheets. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/21/vaticans-suspension-of-major-pwc-audit-exposes-internal-rift-george-pell
- In April, 2016, after Pell had engaged the well known auditors of Price, Watwerhouse Cooper to conduct an internal audit, it was announced by the Vatican that these proceedings had been halted and the authority issued by Pell had been revoked.Edward Pentin, a Vatican journalist for the National Catholic Register, said: “It’s becoming clear that the rigour of the audit in an effort to raise its financial transparency to international standards is unnerving some in the Vatican. From: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/2 (as above)
- Another example is that the Victorian police put an ad. in the newspaper in March 2013 asking for anyone who wants to complain about anything that may have happened at Melbourne Cathedral. There were no complaints as yet.
The date of the prophecy:
Every piece of evidence by the prosecution was countered by the defence. There was no case to answer. Yet the jury unanimously found him guilty . This was the 2nd trial. The first trial was a hung jury with 10 out of the 12 jurors wanting acquittal.
Our Bible Reading at our JtM Crusade Prayer group the next day after the news broke:
Support for Cardinal Pell:
As soon as the media gag order was removed and Cardinal Pell’s guilty verdict was made public, there was an outcry from people who had a lot to lose – their public positions, their prominent standing in our society. On the other hand there was a definite “blood-lust” and anger from most of the media.
People who spoke up for him after the verdict included:
Former Prime Ministers –
- Tony Abbott (a Catholic) and
- John Howard (Anglican) who praised the man and his character.
Secular journalists –
- Miranda Devine (catholic) who often writes about fishy goings on at the Vatican and
- Andrew Bolt – self-acclaimed agnostic
- Australian Jesuit priest Fr. Frank Brennan expressed shock at news of the conviction. He himself had many views on the other side of the spectrum to Cardinal Pell.
- Alan Jones – well known talk-back radio host spoke to a priest who explained the impossibility of what was claimed.
- George Weigel -, John Paul II’s biographer, and distinguished Senior Fellow of Washington, D.C.’s Ethics and Public Policy Center, where he holds the William E. Simon Chair in Catholic Studies.
- Raymond Arroyo on EWTN
- Father Raymond J. de Souza who is the editor in chief of Convivium magazine.
- Milo Yiannopoulos – well known author of a book on Vatican corruption.
On February 28, 2019, LifeSiteNews reported that: “A number of commentators have denounced Cardinal George Pell’s prosecution and conviction of sexual assault as an anti-Catholic witch hunt instigated by media and police.”
Please pray for Cardinal Pell – for the success of the appeal , which could take months. Technically he can’t lose, but these are not normal times and evil forces abound.
Our Lady Help of Christians – Patroness of Australia, pray for Cardinal Pell.
Keep him under your holy mantle for protection and consolation. Amen.
‘Nothing is covered that shall not be revealed,
nor hidden that shall not be known.’ (Matt 10:26)
Comment: There are many articles containing the details of the trial and the evidence. The people listed above are good sources of information.
Remnant Child of Mary contributed to this post.