Stop the Synod (Part 2)
Cardinal Raymond Burke and Bishop Athanasius Schneider have called on the faithful to engage in a crusade of prayer and fasting for forty days.
Reason given: To prevent “serious theological errors and heresies” in the Amazon Synod’s working document from being approved!
This starts tomorrow!!!
Begins : September 17
Ends: October 26.
Suggested format: One decade of the Rosary daily
Fast one day per week.
The six errors are:
- an implicit pantheism identifying God with nature and the universe
- the notion that paganism is a source of Divine Revelation and an alternative pathway to salvation
- the idea that natives already received divine revelation and that the Church in the Amazon needs a missionary and pastoral “conversion”
- granting ministries to women and turning married local chieftains into second-class priests
- considering man as a mere link in nature’s ecological chain and economic development as an aggression against ‘Mother Earth’
- calling for an “integral ecological conversion” which includes the adoption of the collective social model of natives where individual personality and freedom are undermined.